Applying for a license

To apply for a license, you must show proof of your legal name, date of birth (showing day, month and year of birth) and signature. Documents must be original and valid. Photocopies and expired documents are not acceptable. Any one of the following documents may be used to satisfy the requirement to provide proof of legal name, complete date of birth and signature:

* Passport (Canadian or foreign)

* Canadian Citizenship Card with photo

* Permanent immigration documents

o Permanent Resident Card (PRC) or

o Record of Landing (Form 1000) or

o Confirmation of Permanent Residence (Form IMM 5292)

* Temporary immigration documents

o Student Authorization (IMM 1442)

o Employment Authorization(IMM 1442)

o Visitor Record (IMM 1442)

o Temporary Resident’s Permit (IMM 1442)

o Refugee Status Claim (IMM 1434)

o Acknowledgement of Intent to Claim Refugee Status (IMM 7703 with photo)

o Report Pursuant to the Immigration Act (IMM 1442 with photo)